http://blog.lucaslshaffer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/fiverr_post.jpg”>As most you know, I offer a http://www.fiverr.com/users/lucaslshaffer” target=”_blank”>few services at Fiverr.com to experiment with micro-commerce exploration. My first thought of this service was motivated to do something fun, not make money so I set-up several ‘gigs’.
The idea of Fiverr is novel and the ‘gigs’ that are available now are all $5; no more, no less. They are very unique but mostly involve SEO help, blog posting and social media based marketing ideas (basically Spam). Some are more original like a $5 doodle of a picture your significant other send OR a Youtube video of some stranger singing the Birthday song to your best friend. Pretty fun! (Watch out for copyrights though!)
Well, I recently have been getting ‘gigs’ to help people add there sites to the social bookmarking site for $5 and it was fine. It only took a few minutes and I even created a lead for http://standandstretch.com” target=”_blank”>Stand And Stretch, my startup Social Media company. Sweet!
NOW….I finally had a person purchase a fun gig. I was ready to have some fun. My unnamed Fiverr client purchased my services to do the following gig.
http://www.fiverr.com/users/lucaslshaffer/gigs/make-you-feel-good-about-yourself-by-texting-you-about-how-awesome-you-are-for-24-hours”>I will make you feel good about yourself by texting you about how awesome YOU are for 24 hours for $5
I was ecstatic! Finally, my own novel experiment could take place! So, I accepted and then received my contact number. I immediately began adding ‘awesomeness’ to some random strangers life. I loved every second. I felt like a ego coach!
Over a 24 hour period, I filled a person with the best 140 character lines I could think of. I didn’t cheat and caste (copy/paste) any of it. I did get some good laughs and (some replies!) so I thought I would share them with you here. I have hidden the AWESOME ‘anonymous’ persons identity! Thanks ‘whoever’ you are! 😉 My privacy is important so I convey that same privacy to everyone else.
So, here are my ‘awesome’ notes including timestamps (thanks to http://google.com/voice” target=”_blank”>Google Voice). Enjoy!
- Me: First, Thank You! Thank you for knowing that you, too, can be happy! Let’s have some fun! 8:40 PM
- Me: Over the next 24 hours I will give you sunlight in darkness and make you see the brighter side of how awesome you really are! 8:41 PM
- Fiverr Client: Yayy!! I’m ready! Thanks! 8:58 PM
- Me: When you enter the room, everyone around you is wanting to know more about you! And they should, you are awesome! 9:12 PM
- Me: Other people are jealous of you! Take time to notice how great you look today and how everyone wants to be your friend! 11:22 PM
- Me: YOU! ARE! AWESOME! 11:22 PM
- Me: Your awesomeness even follows you into your dreams! 😀 GOOD NIGHT AWESOME DREAMER! 11:48 PM
- Fiverr Client: Night! 😀 11:53 PM
- Me: Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! 1:00 AM
- Me: Good morning sunshine! Your day awaits you! Did you know there are people who depend on you to make them smile? Awesome. 7:08 AM
- Me: You Are Pretty Awesome! Just so ya know! 8:58 AM
- Me: You give the sun reason to rise in the morning! Enjoy your day because it was meant for you! 8:59 AM
- Me: How does it feel to be so friggin awesome! 😀 Make sure you smile at people today because they want to know you and it will make their day! 10:55 AM
- Me: You don’t enjoy eating your lunch….your lunch enjoys being eaten by You! That’s clearly awesome! 🙂 11:06 AM
- Me: You’re friends are all waiting on your to call them and spread your awesomeness around! Don’t let them wait in aniticpation….call them now! 11:53 AM
- Me: RE: Your friends are all waiting on your to call them and spread your awesomeness around! Don’t let them wait in anticipation….call them now! 11:53 AM
- Me: When all else fails, look into the mirror and know that YOU….are awesome and you can do anything you want, at any time. 2:17 PM
- Me: Quick! Hide! The awesome police are on their way! You’ve be ‘cited’ for being too awesome… punishment? HUGGED TO DEATH! 3:14 PM
- Me: YOU = AWESOME! 3:50 PM
- Me: Take your time in doing everything, for if it involves you then it’s important and your end result is always excellence! 4:34 PM
- Me: AWESOMENESS is not something you are simply given. A series of remarkable actions are done to equate to what you are. You do well at being remarkable. 6:53 PM
- Me: The sun goes down but you still shine bright! 7:26 PM
- Me: And for the last awesome message I want to THANK YOU for being awesome and choosing my services to get you through 24 hours! THANKS! 8:22 PM
Pretty “awesome”, right?! Who’s next…?